At Victoria Physical Therapy you will work with a doctoral trained physical therapist that is highly trained and very good at spotting several potentially risky symptoms that may lead to disabling injuries. With a physical therapy evaluation, we can detect the following issues:
- Low Back Pain: A routine physical therapy exam can detect whether you are at risk for suffering an injury and developing low back pain.
- Total Joint Replacement: A routine physical therapy exam can identify the early risk factors for developing joint arthritis, the primary cause for joint replacement.
- Hypertension: Cardiovascular screening can detect risk factors for hypertension, which allows your physical therapist (PT) to prescribe a safe exercise plan to help minimize your risk.
- Headaches: A routine physical therapy exam can identify risk factors that can lead to debilitating headaches.
- Rotator Cuff Tear: A routine physical therapy exam can determine your risk for developing shoulder pain leading to a tear in the rotator cuff.
- Injury from A Fall: A routine physical therapy exam can detect your risk for falling, and even prevent you from suffering a life-threatening injury.
- ACL Injury: A routine physical therapy exam can detect your risk of suffering a devastating knee injury.
- Work site evaluations: A work site assessment can be performed to spot potential problem areas in the workplace and come up with ways of addressing those risky jobs making them safer. Workplace injury can potentially cost a company thousands of dollars. Prevention is the key!
- Injury prevention work or home exercise routines: Performing specific exercises aimed at injury prevention may only take 15 minutes out of the morning work day but studies show this can significantly reduce injury rates saving companies thousands of dollars as well as loss work time. Studies also show that exercising can be a great team builder and can improve concentration and work output. Whether you have office workers, manual laborers or both, Victoria Physical Therapy can come to your workplace and teach specific exercises that will provide the best injury prevention for your specific work place.
It pays to be proactive, especially where your health is concerned. Call Victoria Physical Therapy today to find out how we can help you prevent injuries.