Trigger Point Dry Needling (TDN) or Functional Dry Needling (FDN) are physical therapy treatment techniques that utilizes mono-filament needles to make changes in myofascial trigger points. Myofascial trigger points are “knots” or tight bands in the muscles that can contribute to pain and decreased muscle function. These can happen in the body for a variety of reasons including injury, trauma, or over use. TDN is an effective tool in the hands of a physical therapist in managing soft tissue injuries, disorders and pain.
What Can Trigger Point Dry Needling at Victoria Physical Therapy Do For You?
- Resolve seemingly hopeless issues, particularly for those who are dealing with chronic or persistent pain
- Reduce acute and chronic joint and muscle pain
- Help in the treatment of tension headaches
- Reduce neck and back pain
- Improve mobility
- Allow you to perform daily tasks, attend work, and participate in activities you love, without pain
- See initial responses immediately
- Return to your optimal level of function very quickly